Job Opening: Graphic Designer
POSTED ON OCTOBER 29, 2017--open until filled
Job Description: Graphic Designer
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Job Status: Full-time
Reports to: Kelly Gibson, Project Director
The Numad Group is a full-service communication and fundraising firm that partners with mission-driven nonprofit organizations across the country. Our clients are doing important work in the areas arts and culture, education, and support of basic human needs. We partner with large, nationally known nonprofits, as well as smaller rural organizations that are focused in creating positive change in the communities they support.
The primary responsibility of the Graphic Design and Communication Associate is to support our creative team in the graphic design of print and digital materials that support the overall communication goals of our clients. The successful candidate must bring strong creative ability and technical skills, pay acute attention to detail, have the ability to work independently, and produce under pressure in a fast-paced (and exciting) environment. The position requires some writing and copy editing. Preference given to candidates who also bring digital technology experience (including HTML/website development and email platforms). The Graphic Design and Communications Associate must be creative and enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is values-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
The position will be based in our offices in Rapid City, South Dakota. Salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and retirement plan.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, a portfolio of five examples of professional work, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print design, copy writing and editing, email and website design and development.
- Design for a wide range of clients with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Design efficiently, quickly and independently with exceptional quality.
- Bring creative flair, originality, and the ability to both understand client needs and take feedback.
- Support the public relations of The Numad Group through the development of presentations, blog entries, social media posts, or other materials as assigned.
- Work with the creative team to develop concepts and solutions to help support the client project.
Essential Job Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Mastery understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and more).
- Proven ability to design a wide variety of graphic work, including logos, annual reports, print newsletters, posters, brochures and others.
- Ability to copy edit and proof content on projects.
- Experience with email platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.), and website platforms (Squarespace, WordPress). Experience with video a big plus.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, even across long distances.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, or related field OR 3+ years of experience as a graphic designer.
Values and Attributes Important to Us
- Kindness and authenticity.
- Honesty and transparency.
- An interest in building, and participating in, community.
- A desire to push boundaries in their work.
- A natural curiosity in the work we do, and the world we live in.