Client Story: Partnership with Native Americans
Familiar with our work in Indian Country, Partnership with Native Americans (formerly National Relief Charities) came to The Numad Group with a design to enhance their major gift efforts, and have support on the development of a number of fundraising communication tools to support their donor cultivation efforts. Specifically, Partnership with Native Americans wanted to have:
- A strategy for developing a program to secure 5-, 6- and 7-figure gifts ;
- A prospect research and cultivation strategy for securing individual, corporate and foundation donors at the 5-, 6- and 7-figure gift levels;
- Structures to build the internal capacity needed to develop this major philanthropist program, including strategies for the integration of a new director for development position in the overall effort;
- Strategies for the continued enhancement of the current major donor program with donors at the 4- and 5-figure levels, expediting the development of an effective pipeline of potential major philanthropist donors at the higher gift levels (5-, 6- and 7-figure gifts).
To accomplish these goals set forth by the organization's president, Robbi Rice Dietrich, The Numad Group engaged in the following activities:
- Provided a report of recommendations that defined strategies for most effectively packaging the programs and structures of Partnership with Native Americans to meet potential donor interests, based on the thorough review of a number of facets of the Partnership with Native Americans effort, including a review of publications and other messaging, outcomes of each of the program areas, budgets for each of the program areas, and existing plans for the future for each of the major program areas, including any anticipated changes in activities, structures, relationships to the overall organization of Partnership with Native Americans;
- Developed and provided an overview list of new suspects and prospects to become major philanthropic partners (at the 5-, 6- and 7-figure gift level) based on a broad scan of the field;
- Identified the highest priority prospects for which further research and cultivation strategy development is recommended;
- Provided detailed prospect profiles (for up to 50 prospects – 35 fully developed profiles and 15 identified prospects) based on comprehensive research for the highest priority prospects identified as potential major philanthropist donors (individual, corporate or foundation) at the 5-, 6- or 7-figure gift potential level;
- Developed a summary report of findings for the staff; and,
- Wrote and designed a series of major donor publications specific to the identified program areas.
Since the completion of this initial program, Numad has partnered with Partnership with Native Americans on a number of additional initiatives, from training of major gift officers to research on foundations and grant writing to offering program trainings.